Thursday, November 19, 2009

smiling in the dark

I like to be on time and I like things to be "just right". I'm not crazy about it or anything, but it bugs me when these things don't work out.
The other night I was bugged.
Long story short - I was missing a vital piece for a project I'd wanted to finish. I had picked up a substitute that I thought I could live with, but as it turned out I couldn't. It wasn't "right". I was stressing over how I could now fit this setback into my schedule when I looked over at Jonny and an idea formed.
"Will you be downtown tomorrow?" I asked.
Without turning his gaze from the television he said, "I wasn't planning on it."
I kind of tested the waters with him a little more, but he wasn't biting. So I told myself I would just have to finish this later than I'd planned and deal with it.
Later, as we were lying in bed, he said "I can get those for you tomorrow." I turned and looked at him in the dark and smiled.
He knows I like to be on time. He knows I like things to be "just right". I felt so loved by that offer. I laid in the dark, thinking about how good I've got it while he rolled over and went to sleep.


4 comments:

Jenn said...

Awwwwww! Sweet. :)

Anonymous said...

I echo Jenn's comment...very sweet:-) Boy my brother turned out pretty good:-)

Christina :-)

Anonymous said...

i love it! you two are cuuute.
~corinne~

Anonymous said...

Smart boy;) Way to go Jonny!
You guys are too cute....