Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Happy November!

Ahhh... November. I woke up Sunday morning feeling like I had a clean slate. Like this was the month for me to start again. October felt like some kind of crazy. Seriously. Towards the end, I thought I was going to go nuts. This is the month to fix that. This month I'm going to be organized and calm and not get all crazy when things are out of my control. I'm going to catch up on all the things October made me fall behind in. I'm going to get a head start on all the things that will need to be done next month. That was the attitude that I awoke to Sunday morning and it's Tuesday now and I'm still feeling pretty good.

So, to get started on my "catching up", I'm going to share this post with you that I wanted to do last week.
It was my son's class halloween party last week. Now, my son is a little bit reserved in large groups. He's quiet and keeps to himself and he's comfortable that way. And yet, he went dressed to this party as Elvis.
That's right - "the king". Uh hunh.
White and gold jumpsuit, cool shades, silk scarf - he was the best looking little Elvis I've ever seen. But I think he felt a little conspicuous on the playground. I mean, a white and gold bell bottomed jumpsuit kinda jumps out at you, y'know? He didn't quite know what to do when a couple of older girls came over the check out the little Elvis. And I saw him look around for an escape route when they came back with some more friends. But he survived. More than that - I think he enjoyed it. He got to spend the morning in the spotlight.
Most of us can appreciate that when it comes our way - even the quiet ones.



No comments: