Saturday, November 7, 2009

music + art = good time

I'm headed to the winnipeg art gallery tomorrow afternoon for a winnipeg jazz orchestra concert featuring my sister! She's singing with a trio as part of the wjo's big band series. It's going to be fabulous! I love big band music and I love my sister - total win/win. There is a show in the evening too, so if you can't get tickets for one, maybe you can for the other. And you totally should get tickets, because, like I already said, it's going to be fabulous!
I took these head shots of her for this express purpose. It was rather impromptu. She was over for a birthday party and we left the group for a few minutes to quickly shoot these off. The pictures are a little unlike me - a little more formal than I usually am, but I figured that's what the wjo would want, so that's what I went for. (Sometimes you gotta go with the flow.)


1 comment:

Kathy said...

Wish I could go!! I'd love to hear her sing again!