Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Sigh....

Today was the day.

I was going to have to clean the bathrooms. It has to be my least favorite job. Seriously.

But it needed to be done. So, dressed in my favorite summer dress (because everything is nicer in a summer dress), I gathered my courage and - decided to take some pictures of the cookies I'd just baked - they looked so good! (I can't pass up a photo op!)

So, after the pictures were taken, I gathered my courage and my resolve and went to the bathroom - where I noticed my cleaning supplies were totally disorganized. And, as a matter of fact, so was my bathroom closet.

So, after the cleaning supplies and the closet were somewhat tidied, I focused my courage and resolve and began to clean.

It becomes pretty anti-climatic here: the bathrooms were cleaned.

I wish I could say they were cleaned so well that every surface sparkled and there was a glow about the whole room; that I was crowned queen of the loo and there was an angelic "ahh" after I'd finished and surveyed my throne.

But there was nothing like that. In fact, before I'd officially finished cleaning, someone came and used the bathroom.

And so it goes.

At least I have my cookies.



3 comments:

Kathy said...

Ok, my craving for homemade chocolate chip cookies has just gone up. I was trying to wait til next week to make any, but I'm not sure I can now... they look SOOOO GOOOOD!!!!!!!! :o)

Anonymous said...

Well, the cookies look delicious. But I have to tell you, the bathroom is my favorite room to clean!!! Granted I don't have a house full of "boys"...that may make a bit of a difference. But the thing I love about cleaning the bathroom is that the difference is always so obvious! Something so satisfying about shiny faucets and clear streak free mirrors and clean toilet seats:-) Hey, I'll clean your bathroom anytime you want!!! (BTW I cleaned bathrooms one summer at bible camp...and it was my favorite job back then too....very weird isn't it!)

Christina :-)

Jenn said...

So you're sayin' if I wear a summer dress I'll be more inclined to clean my bathrooms? Or maybe I need cookies for motivation.....