Monday, September 28, 2009

Favorite Day

A while back my sister asked me a question that almost made me laugh out loud:
"What was your favorite day this summer?"

Here was my thought process:
"Favorite day? How am I supposed to pick a favorite day? I can't remember what happened last week, nevermind last month...wait a minute...last week. That was a good day, wasn't it?"

So here are the elements that made up my favorite day of the summer (or, at least, from one summer week).
  • we were out at the lake
  • the weather was warm and sunny; the first after a few cloudy and cool days
  • the boys got to do all their favorite things - gator rides, playing in the water, fishing, running around outside, berry picking
  • we had ice cream with wild blueberries for dessert (I LOVE wild blueberries)
  • we went cruising in the boat before bed time (the boys' bedtime)
  • I got to play with my camera at night and managed to include my hubby who actually enjoyed himself
  • oh, and I was wearing my favorite summer dress (because, as you know, everything is nicer in a summer dress)

Can you pick a favorite day?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i like your blog