Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Matt & Alicia: Part 1

I'm FINALLY getting around to this post!
I've been excited to share these with you. I'm excited about all my weddings, naturally, but this one has a little extra twist to it because it was my first travel wedding. These were taken in the bride's home state of Georgia. And it was beautiful! Beautiful location, beautiful people, beautiful couple... beautiful.
The couple chose Burnt Pine Plantation as the location for their wedding and so the families were all out there for the weekend. It made it a real fun and warm atmosphere and I am so thankful to them all for including me.
The girls spent a couple of hours getting ready - as all brides do - and it was a fun, but intense time. The guys on the other hand I think just had a fun time. I won't post any pictures from that.
Matt and Alicia wanted to have their pictures done before the ceremony (perfect!) and so we arranged what we in the wedding photography crowd refer to as a "first look". That's when the bride and groom get to see each other for the first time and they get to take a few special moments to take it all in in privacy. Except for me, of course. :)
Anyway, so today's pictures are of the "getting ready" and the "first look" which were taken at Burnt Pine, and some from our time with the wedding party taken just down the road.

Side note: The bride's dress and the brides maids dresses were all made by the groom's mother!!


















No comments: