Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Prairie Girl in the Big City (part 1)

I have a confession to make: I've never liked Toronto. Maybe because it's so big. Maybe because of this impression I have of Torontonians being all business and cold (totally unfounded - I don't even know anyone from Toronto!). Maybe because I'm a prairie girl and I'm bred to dislike large urban areas. Maybe it's because of their sports teams (who am I kidding?! I'm not into sports!) Who knows? But without ever having been, I'd written it off as no place I'd want to go.
Recently, Jonny had to go away on business. To Toronto. He thought it would be nice if I came along - we'd take a couple of extra days, drive to Niagara Falls - make a little vacation out of it! Alright. Sounds good. But what was I going to do in Toronto?


2 comments:

Erin and Chris Propp said...

Tell us! Tell us! What did you do in Toronto????

Lindsay said...

You have me terribly curious...

By the way, I hate Toronto too. No reason. I just don't like it. I've never been there (other than the airport and its vicinity) and I've actually avoided going there my entire life so far. Are you going to change my mind now?? :)