Monday, January 11, 2010

It's a beautiful day!

What a great way to start a Monday! Was it as beautiful a morning where you were as it was here? I was admiring the frost and the sparkle early this morning, thinking that shooting from the window was just not going to cut it. (How lazy is that anyway?!) When my morning plans were cancelled, I figured I'd go for it. The boys and I got bundled up and away we went, down the street to the "wild woods". (That's what the boys call it.)
I've always enjoyed the spot - it's peaceful and pretty and full of big trees - but with the boys, it becomes magical. In their eyes, it's unchartered territory! It's exciting! It's adventurous! It's full of possibility!
Even though I was doing my thing and they were doing theirs, I couldn't help but be caught up in the wonder and joy and enthusiasm they had with everything around them. I loved that.











3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures as always!

Christina :-)

Jenn said...

You capture it so well!

Christie said...

Striking shots of the hoarfrost! You're my new desktop - again;) !