Saturday, April 10, 2010

like a kid in a candy shop

Have you been to the Re-Store? Jonny took me as part of my birthday excursion back in December and I LOVED it! I'm sure I looked like a kid in a candy shop - a gleam in my eye, a smile on my face, all muscles tense with excitement. I walked through that store and in every direction I saw possibility. With a little bit of work, I could create something fabulous and that idea excites me. My problem though, is that although I can see possibility, I'm not always sure how to put "possibility" together. So of course, I left the store empty handed, but still pleased at having found a great place to browse!
A few weekends ago, I decided I'd introduce my boys to the Re-Store. I knew they'd love exploring the rows of doors, piles of wood, the assortment of used furniture, mirrors, tiles, windows... Actually, their favorite part was the toilets. I have to say that didn't even occur to me, but it makes sense for boys, right?
Thankfully when we went, I had a plan for purchasing and turning "possibility" into something fun and useful, so it wasn't just a browsing trip. We picked out a whole bunch of tiles for smashing and making stepping stones with.
I brought the candy home.
I'm excited.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

That is a fabulous idea... You are SUPER MOM. But I think we all already knew that :)