Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Two Birds With One ... Quarter?

We went grocery shopping the other day. That's right: "we". I took the boys. I usually do. I wouldn't say it's the hightlight of my day - towing along 3 little boys, but it's usually manageable.
This particular shopping experience was . . . a little more trying. I think I was just tired. Tired of little boy car noises. Tired of loud boy sounds. Tired of trying to make a decision about whether or not we would all be in agreement with the vegetable crackers or the cheese crackers while refereeing who gets to ride on the cart.
Everything is worse when you're tired.
One of my boys was complaining about how his brother had found a penny and why couldn't he find a penny too? While I couldn't do anything about the boy noises and the fact that only one boy fits on the back of the cart at a time, I thought I could do something about this. So when we made it out to the parking lot and went to load up, I put a quarter on the ground and then asked my son to come help me unpack the cart. When he came over and saw that quarter, his face lit up and the excitement there was enough to make even me smile - and banish my case of "Seriously Tired and Grumpy".
And all it cost was a quarter.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awwww, was it zach-man?